domingo, 28 de julho de 2024

The fear is over


I heard this everyday
Since the day I was born
"You are a sinner"

So I lived in guilty
Trying to understand
How can a baby can be a sinner

Day after day
From dust to dawn
I try hard to be right

But still
I heard this everyday
"You are a sinner"

You can be good
You can be nice
But you are a sinner

Then college days come
In the class of history
I heard about ancient times

There are other Gods
There are other beliefs
There are joy and happiness

There isn't shame
There isn't guilt
There isn't sin

That makes me wonder
Which is my origin
Which are my roots

To what Gods I belong
To what folks I belong
To what belief I belong

I realize then
I am a children of Gods
I born blessed

There is no sin
There is no Hell
The fear is over

In this night
Under the full moon
Under the oak

Would you like to join me?
Come and party with us
Come and meet your ancestors

Nenhum comentário: